Friday, November 15, 2013

Week 11 - Update with some pictures

September 2, 2013

Okay well if you havent heard it yet turns out 5 weeks ago I broke my ankle :)
This week went pretty good that i found out why my ankle was hurting 24/7.
Monday we got are shopping done and someone from a different chruch gave us a bible (new king james version) its alot different that what we read but we had a good talk about our church with him.
Tuesday we had a lesson with our investigator Jenny who we had set up to be baptized October 12th by her husband. We talked alot about scriptures that mean something to us tend to replay over and over in our minds, for Jenny is was Mosiah 18:10. We talked about how Joseph Smith had the same thing but with James 1:5 and with me 1 Nephi 3:7 and how it is important to know the scriptures and to read them often.
Wednesday so me and my companion got to go to the LA Temple!!! It is the best one I have been to in my opinion, and after that Sister Castro called and told me its time to see a doctor. We headed to the doctor he thought I had torn my peroneus longus tendon and so he told me to get an x ray and MRI on Thursday.
Thursday I got my MRI and x ray and they gave the results to the doctor I saw on Wednesday night. He called me and told me I shattered my leg at the ankle joint and so I thought I might be sent home and he told me to see this foot doctor in Ventura so we went over there and he showed us the MRI and the x ray and I had only broken my ankle a little bit and I am staying here!!!!! So now I am in a boot for 3 weeks. But I can finally do some more work!!! Went with the zoneleaders in a car to a lesson about the Book of Mormon.
Friday.We had a meeting all day about staying healthy...... and keeping apartments and cars clean. I got to see Elder Simpson and Elder Phillips from the MTC!
Saturday. I got to go out and walk to places so me and my companion walked to a investigator named Alma (which means soul in spanish) we taught her and her family about the gospel of Christ and how we are cleansed from baptism. We visited some less actives close to home because you cannot walk far with a boot... We got picked up for dinner which was a party for a member in the ward and I ate one of the spiciest pepper I will ever eat but it was so good! We were sitting there eating and the member that picked us up introduced us to her friend who is Catholic! She believes their is a God and a true church but hers isn't it!! We taught her the restoration in Spanish and after we taught her she helped us with our Spanish cause she speaks English pretty good. We left her a Book of Mormon in English and a card to get one in Spanish, as well as a card with our number on it because she forgot her number, so hopefully she calls us back because she believed everything we taught her!
Sunday. We went to church but none of our investigators showed up. I got a pair of crutches from a member after chruch and we had a meeting with our ward mission leader. He is so good, just got back from Holland and is landing on his feet but has a great spirit with him. Then after we got back and finished our studys we headed over to Jenny's house to see why they didn't come to chruch and we had a great lesson about patience with there one year old boy and with other things in life like work and joining the chruch.
anyways i got to get running so im going to add some pictures now
first two are the ocean
the la temple
a palm tree (there all over here)
my boot:)
my tan watch line:)
have a great week love you all
-elder mackay
Mosiah 18:10  Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being abaptized in the bname of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a ccovenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?
James 1:5 aIf any of you lack bwisdom, let him ask of God, that cgiveth to all men liberally, and dupbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
1 Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I awill go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no bcommandments unto the children of men, save he shall cprepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.
The boot


The boot
Ocean view

Watch tan line

LA Temple

Palm Tree

Ocean view

No comments:

Post a Comment