Friday, November 15, 2013

Mom of the Year

I won the missionary mom of the year on August 28th!

I was looking in a $4.88 cell phone case bin at Walmart when my phone rang... It was President Castro from the California Ventura mission....

Firstly, if you call a mother, you really need to open with Hi, your son is fine, this is the Mission President....

So once my heart started beating again, the mission President was concerned about Josh's ankle. It seemed to be fine, then bad, then fine and he feels that no one knows a child like a mother! So he wanted my opinion whether Josh might be making a excuse to get out of work, or if he has some past injuries...

I couldn't think of any injuries other than the dislocated shoulder and concussion... So figured he might just be having trouble adjusting to the all day work and bike riding...

I suggested he sit him down, and lay it out for him and then give him time to reflect before he answered.

His very kind Mission President said he would get his ankle checked out and then talk to him...

So Saturday I get a message, Josh's ankle was broken... The Tabia bone was broken and he would need to be in a boot for 5 week or so...

Ya way to go mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment