Friday, May 29, 2015

Well it has been a good one!!


May 18, 2015

well hello there its been a great week!!!

and this is what happened 

A. this week has been great!! we had a lot of lessons and a lot of success and a lot of great journal entries. so to start out the week we had a dinner with a part member family in the branch and it was great we talked about honoring our parents (the day after mothers day) and then we went to go see another part member family and we watched the mountain of the lord with them it was great they had a lot of questions about temple that the movie answered better then we could.

It was a great start to a great week... Then we were eating dinner and we asked the son about to leave on his mission if he wanted to come with us to see an investigator, unfortunately the appointment with her fell though, so we tried a former named Mario, we knocked on the door and long story short he died on the 4th so we talked to the family about the plan of salvation, they are shaken up about it so we said a prayer with them and will stop by this week to see what we can do for them. but then Fabi (the member) asked if we have seen Jose, we haven't seen him in a while so we stopped by his house and had another great lesson with him, and it was great to get our minds off of what just happened...

It has been an awesome week with a lot of awesome things going on, the last one is Nelly, Sunday we were in Shandon knocking through the potentials list and then we had to go to San Miguel to pick our ward mission leader to bring to dinner so we could go inside so we headed over then via back roads so we didnt have to go to paso and then to san miguel and we were going to get there super early so we tried Nelly who lives out in the back roads and we had a great lesson with her about prayer to seek revelation she is going through a tough time in school and trying to figure things out it was awesome and filled in the time for traveling faster then we thought.

C. Elder Jones is awesome he is very concerned about the district and it has been great working with him.

T. this week we did a zone activity and it was a lot of fun but one thing the happened is when I was blindfolded on the hike I couldn't hear Elder Jones so I kept on trekking up the hill and when I started to feel grass rub against my leg a realized I shouldn't be there and I found my way to the path and then I heard him say stop so I stopped and turns out in my journey on the grass on the way there Elder Jones was telling my to stop but I didn't hear it and then I ran into an elder, didn't feel it and he went down (fell over) and then I hit grass and got back on the path and hear him tell me to stop. but what i learned is when we don't listen to the spirit or in my case elder jones we get off the path and sometimes we take others with us and knock them off the path... but we always need to find our way back to the path.

S. this week i tackled a tree!!!! it was awesome a less active asked us to come remove some died trees and that is how I removed one, I chopped one, pulled one, tackled one and hand sawed another it was awesome!! and then I cooked the burgers to eat afterwards!!

yep it has been awesome week and the only pictures i have to prove it are of this fox we found, i named him redd. he is awesome he is my friend.

anyways have a great week!
-Elder Joshua Mackay


I found these pictures of the blind folded hike on the Mission blog. He is in Orange Timpview apparel as usual:)






No comments:

Post a Comment