Monday, February 16, 2015

The Best Week Ever

February 9, 2015

So some of you might not know why it was the best week ever but its because a family I taught in ventura went to the temple and I got to go!!!!!! It was awesome there was 8 missionaries there for this family it was some much fun!!

But in Newbury Park this is what happened!

A. Newbury park is awesome. The people are so easy to get along with and for the most part humble, very humble!
This week was awesome we had a great miracle happen. We had 6 members present it was awesome! The best one happened last night when we were heading out the door leaving a non member walked in and she has a boyfriend on the mission so she asked us what we like to get in packages and so we talked about that for a second and ended up teaching her about faith and the gospel of Jesus Christ and we used an object lesson/trick thing and after we finished she said "that was cool do you have any more of those?" so we stay for another 20 minutes and taught her about having christ as our foundation and putting on the whole armor of god. And then a  returned missionary friend came over with her to help us teach/ he taught us a new one about faith it was pretty cool and a lot of fun. But then we had to leave so we could go see some other people.

C. Elder Passey I learned has a lot of fun dinner messages that people hate, but love because they learn a lot one of my favorites is called the game of sacrifice. Details will come when I figure out how to explain it.

T. Well this week in the spanish unit I had to give a talk about John 14:15 "If you love me keep my commandments" so I prepared my talk and I was already to give it and I stood at the table we have for our pulpit and the entire talk changed I talked about thing I had never even thought about talking about a for some reason (the spirit) I needed to say what I said and everybody loved it. It was a weird experience for me and it prove that I know spanish! 

S. We didnt have any serve this week not even trash to take out....

It was a awesome week and the best week ever its going to be hard for this week to be beat!

But pictures!
so that is the family and the missionaries with a sister from the ventura branch and the temple and my district my companion and I are the only spanish speaker in the district

anyways love you all have a great week!

-elder joshua mackay 




No comments:

Post a Comment